Indiana is known for its top ranking universities, and by enrolling in one of the many Indiana medical transcription schools, you can be a part of one in no time! At the Crossroads of America, you can begin your education in great cities like Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Evansville. The Indiana medical transcription schools have options for everyone, including classroom learning and online degree programs. Any of the fantastic Indiana medical transcription schools are perfect for learning the skills required of a medical transcriptionist. In this exciting career, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below we have a list of featured online and traditional Indiana medical transcription schools for you to choose from!
As an Indiana medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Indiana:
- Average annual salary: $31,000
- Currently employed: 1,950
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Indiana Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now