Head to the pacific and get your education in the Evergreen State by attending one of the Washington medical transcription schools. There are some terrific campuses located around the state in cities like Seattle, Spokane and Vancouver. Washington medical transcription schools also offer online degree programs if you prefer to work from home at your own pace. No matter which campus you attend, the Washington medical transcription schools will give you the skills needed to compete in this exciting career. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below is our list of featured Washington medical transcription schools, including both online and traditional degree earning programs. Sign up for one today and be on your way to this exciting career path!
As a Washington medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Washington:
- Average annual salary: $36,750
- Currently employed: 2,270
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.