Begin your career in the healthcare industry today by enrolling in one of the Alaska medical transcription schools. There are fantastic Alaska medical transcription schools available with both online and classroom degree programs. Join one of the great campuses near Juneau, Wasilla, Anchorage or elsewhere in The Last Frontier. At Alaska medical transcription schools you will learn everything you need to know to become a quality medical transcriptionist. In this career, you will listen to physician voice recordings, transcribe them into written reports, and carefully decipher abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Take a look at our featured list of Alaska medical transcription schools below, including traditional education and online degree programs, and decide which school is perfect for you!
As an Alaskan medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Alaska:
- Average annual salary: $45,490
- Currently employed: 120
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alaska Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now